Government legislation requires wholesalers and retailers to meet certain battery recycling standards. Lead-acid batteries are dangerous materials and pose hazards when disposed of inappropriately because of the corrosive acid and toxic lead they contain.
Waste Battery Take-Back Policy
Europower Battery Centre Ltd. is fully committed to fulfil its obligations as a “Producer” of Portable, Industrial and Automotive Batteries. Under its “Producer” obligation, Europower Battery Centre Ltd. has registered on the WEEE Ireland Battery Compliance scheme (Registration Number EUR700) and the WEEE Registration Society. (Membership No IE 01204B)
Europower Battery Centre will accept old and used Automotive, Industrial and Portable batteries from consumers free of charge whether or not you are making a purchase. This is intended to provide a convenient recycling system for consumers. These waste batteries are then collected by our recycling partner “The Recycling Village”, an approved waste collector. (Waste permit number WP 2007/20)
Waste batteries must never be placed in your waste disposal or recycling bins.
If you have an account with Europower Battery Centre Ltd. and require collection of waste batteries, please contact us on 01-8300884 or alternatively email email@example.com
Benefits of Battery Recycling
- Keeps all the hazardous metals in one place.
- The metals reclaimed are reused and put back into the manufacturing process to build more batteries.
- The plastic is recycled to be used again.
- The costs of land filling the batteries are saved.
- Establishes good environmental and public relations policies.
- Saves natural resources.
- Conserves for future generations